“Look Pandurang, don’t you how I am? How dare you…you motherfucker, bhaanchod…bastard…Mere ko rokte ho? Mere ko?…Main tere ko dekh loonga…” the dialogue may come from some MLA, drunk on power or a film star high on alcohol and drugs…
What should the policeman / security guy do?
Swallow his pride along with the paan and apologize, “Saab, I’m sorry…my eye sight is bad. I didn’t see who I was talking to…arre saab, hum kaun hote hain aapko rokne walle…” and should vent his frustration on the nobodies (that is the taxpaying citizens), his family, neighbours, friends, colleagues….
This is the lesson (!) you learn from…
The CCTV clippings of the MLAs bashing up the traffic cop in assembly has not been made available to police and the House committee set up to probe the thrashing of a police officer by a group of legislators in the assembly premises has recommended departmental inquiry against the traffic sub-inspector Sachin Suryavanshi and revocation of suspension of three of the five MLAs.
In another similar case, the security guard who took panga with Shah Rukh Khan has been asked to go on leave today as SRK will be at Wankhede today.
Maharashtra Congress unit has asked MCA allow SRK to attend IPL game at Wankhede today. Everyone knows that SRK is close to Gandhis!
And while on the topic, I must note that SRK has been manipulative from day one!
He stole the show from under the very nose of Sunny Deol, a simple jaat, in Darr. Sunny could never forgive Yash Chopra for the betrayal. But Chopra and SRK became buddies for life. SRK did the very same thing to Akshay Kumar in Dil To Paagal Hai and to Salman Khan in Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge.
Akshay is manipulative in his own ways. He has sat with the directors on editing tables and got the scenes of a simple Simon Suneil Shetty and no-nonsense Ajay Devgn chopped off. Neither works with him now.
Now that, both, SRK and Akshay have common enemies in Salman and Ajay, they are ganging up. They are planning a film together.
As if one was not enough…
The height of arrogance. If the Deputy CM of Maharashtra offers urine to the drought hit farmers – even his apology was not visible on his arrogant face – another NCP minister seems as haughty…
R R Patil, the Home Minister wants his car (state-owned and with lal batti) directly reach the aircarfts! No frisking, and of course no walking on the tarmac for any minister (Sushil Kumar Shinde is driven in airport car up to the aircraft) unless it is during ‘once in five years begging for the votes’ and no security checks!
This is ridiculous in a State where the former Home Ministers, belonging to the same NCP with home he shares the surname – Padamsingh Patil – is charged with murder! Patil was produced in a judicial court in Panvel yesterday and has been remanded to CBI custody till June 14.
The CBI have in their possession confession of an accused in the case against Patil. As always happens in case of VIPs charged with serious crimes, besides denials, the defence also is raising the issue of the health of the minister.
Saw ‘Bombay Talkies’.
Bollywood folks are notorious for sneaking in their agenda whenever they have an opportunity and taking the industry colleagues for a jolly ride.
Celebration of 100 years provided this opportunity to Karan Johar and company.
Here is the official agenda: to glorify the magic of films.
Here is the unstated agenda:
1. To project gay angst. Karan’s film.
2. To curry favours with Katrina Kaif. For this Zoya Akhtar has blatantly glorified Katrina as an inspiring symbol, an angel and messenger for the children. Yeh alag baat hai ke the message is the same old one: follow your dream.
3. To pacify and glorify Amitabh Bachchan. Nothing wrong with it except that it is Anurag Kashyap doing it. He had a public spat with Bachchan and won over the Bachchan with this eulogy. Ye alag baat hai ke the writer of the original story has dragged him to court for stealing his story.
4. To cut down Salman Khan, Kajol and Ajay Devgn to size by not including them in the title song and by avoiding any mention of the three. This way Karan Johar is currying favours with Shah Rukh Khan who hates the ground Salman and Ajay walk. Kajal, though might have opted out to show her support for husband Ajay Devgn.
5. Now that Bal Thackeray is no more, to quietly bring Bombay back in the vocabulary.
6. To rename Bollywood (which appears mocking the 100 year old industry) Bombay Talkies. I had once suggested replacing this silly name with Bombay. But industry folks were scared. I suggested Bombay as Hollywoodland was the name of the city where they started making movies. The film industry there was named Hollywood. Here the Bombay film industry had been named Bollywood, Bengali as Tollywood ( ref: Tollygung), Madras industry as Mollywood and Lahore industry as Lollywood. It is as if wood = films.
But Bollywood has stuck and it’d be difficult to rename it…
As for the 4 story-movie, the only story worth watching is Dibakar Bannerjee’s. You can skip the rest.